Monday, June 27, 2011

Opening lingerie with my dad and brother? Dream come true.

I was on cloud nine after my dress purchase. When I first tried on the dress, I was hesitant to buy it because all the stress and nervousness of the day was finally crashing down on me. Ask any member of my entourage, I stood in that dress for like 30 minutes before I said yes. But after I did, I felt awesome. I was flying to Florida in 5 days and getting married! Little did I know, things were about to get even crazier...

Me and Kristina...oh, and my pile of gifts!
My parents rushed me home for a surprise bachelorette party/lingerie shower. Well, by rushed I mean we hurriedly left the bridal shop and swung by Total Wine so my brother could fulfill his sake dream. My mom threw together a party in true Richardson style and it was awesome. I truly appreciated this because so many things were lost when we made the decision to do this. This included bachelor and bachelorette parties. But, also in Richardson style, my party was not like any other bachelorette party. My mom strung decorations on the fireplace and people brought me lingerie. My dad and Keith were there the entire time. We took shots of sake and drank martinis.

It was attended by my best friend and matron of honor, Kristina; my grandmother; and my brother's girlfriend, Melanie. I opened lots of great lingerie and Keith weighed in on whether or not it was good enough. Per my dad's suggestion, we played "sex charades" which involved drawing sex positions out of a hat and acting them out with your team member for the other team to guess. I was on a team with my dad. I have so many amazing memories from the entire wedding experience, and this party is one of the best. Oh hell, I'll let some photos do the writing...



Not sure why Keith is making that face.

Taking sake shots. To be honest, I hated it. It's warm! I don't
think I even got the whole thing down.


This hot little number came from Kristina.

This was from Melanie...


As well as these lovely handcuffs!

This lingerie and the one below were from Grams and Kelli.


This was a "Just Married" tank from my parents.

As well as this.

This was a gift my mom got for Adam, but I made her return it
because she totally misinterpreted the meaning. Silly mom!

This is me and dad scheming on how to best act out a
certain sex position.

And this is Melanie probably wondering what the hell
happened to her in life that made her end up here.

I don't have any photos of sex charades. Let's all give thanks for that! The party was super fun, and I can't thank my family enough for rallying and throwing it for me. Once again, the unconventional prevailed and it didn't matter where the party was or what we did, only that we were all together, celebrating. So many memories from that night come back to me all the time. Some dirty, some funny, some sentimental. Choking only half of the sake shot down and everyone razzing me. Each team acting out assorted sex positions such as "the scissor." My brother and I taking a shot together in the kitchen and him toasting to playing micro machines together. I was so worried throughout the entire process that Adam and I would be giving up too much, that we'd be losing too much. Looking back, that was so silly. Everything changed, yes. And some things were lost. But they're just things. Silly, silly things, like registries and parties and time. None of it mattered because we gained so, so much.

The next day, I hopped back on a plane and flew to Vermont for my last few days as a single girl. It ended up being an awesome weekend and the one thing I remember most is walking through security at the airport, glancing back at my family, knowing this was essentially the last time I'd see them before I got married.

Next up: The last post before the wicked wedding weekend recaps! All the little, and huge, stuff we finalized the last few days before we got married.

2 comments:

  1. lol thanks for posting those horrible pics of me!! jk! great posts btw and you def picked the right dress!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,
    Hummm....I had forgotten about the sex charades...It sounds much creepier here on paper than it actually was....LOL, but I guess that is what batchelorette parties are supposed to be like! Minus the father ...brother...Grandmother...and Mother <3

    ReplyDelete