Sunday, October 24, 2010

With this ring.

Given that our original wedding date was still over a year and a half away, Adam and I hadn't given a ton of thought to our wedding bands. I knew that I loved my engagement ring so much that I wasn't sure I wanted to put anything else next to it and Adam knew that he hated jewelry and wasn't sure he could wear a wedding band every day. With this knowledge, we headed over to our favorite jeweler here in Vermont and she was eager to help. She spent months meeting with Adam and helping him pick out my engagement ring, so she was ecstatic to assist with this step.

I found my ring pretty quickly, but it still took me a bit of time to make the final decision. I opted for a band that is a little more funky and expressive of my crazy personality. It is a thin band, white gold, and it has tiny circles of diamonds and tiny rectangles of rubies. Rubies! I loved this band because of the rubies; most girls don't get bands with anything other than diamonds in it and this band seemed very unique. I love the addition of the red, and I thought it was a great choice to symbolize our insanely unique and special wedding.

Lauren and Adam snapping photos of the rings.
Adam had a bit more trouble selecting his ring. He quickly narrowed it down to two choices and proceeded to ponder these choices forever. He was torn between things like weight and metal and appearance. We also weren't sure if we planned to get additional rings in 2012 to commemorate that experience. In the end, Adam realized that he is a one-ring guy and would not be getting another ring. I am still uncertain, but I am leaning toward keeping just the one band for 2012 as well.

Adam trying on the ring he         
would eventually choose.            
After what seemed like an eternity, Adam opted for a platinum band that has a hammered appearance. He loves how heavy it is and surprisingly, he wears it all the time and hates to take it off. I'm really happy with the choices we made for our rings. At the time, it was hard to make a choice because there was so much pressure to choose something quickly. But, as I learned with all the other choices we had to make quickly, less time can often mean you go with your gut, make the right choice and don't turn back.

I promise to post photos of the rings! I am hoping Universal's photographers snagged some shots of them at the actual ceremony, but if not, I'll take some shots here and post them. Up next: our wedding party!

No comments:

Post a Comment