Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bringing sexy back. Girls vs. Boys.

Adam getting fitted for his tux.
When it came to dressing our fabulous foursome, Adam and I were at a loss. This was also something we hadn't really discussed yet, so we were going in blind. After talking with Universal about the decor at the wedding and the colors they were using, we chose a rich, satin purple as our color. Now, I love purple as much as the next girl, but the truth is this wasn't and still won't be a color for our 2012 celebration. We started our selection process with Halloween colors. As this was a Halloween wedding, I felt it was the perfect opportunity to go big or go home and choose Halloween colors. This left us with orange, blood red, black, yellow, purple and lime green. Adam and I, and Universal, felt orange was too cliche Halloween, so we nixed it. I nixed yellow because I didn't want our wedding party to look like bumblebees. Lime green seemed a little too...something. So, we were left with black, blood red and purple.

We eventually nixed black because so much of the setting would be in black and other dark colors, and we wanted our girls and guys to stand out. Left with the choice between blood red and purple, I chose purple. I know, I know, it is not a manly color. But in my defense, Adam had no qualms with it and I knew my brother looks great in purple. Plus, we had no time. Go go gadget purple.

Adam determining his jacket size.
You'll see plenty of photos soon enough of the wedding, and these photos will showcase KT and Allison looking fabulous in purple dresses and Bill and Keith owning that purple vest like a real man should. Adam and I made a hectic run to David's Bridal and Adam actually picked out the girls' dress. He chose a just-above-the-knee, strapless, form-fitting purple dress that had a black ribbon with two black flowers around the waist. I loved it, and so did KT and Allison. I hope they will find an occasion to wear the dress again and I am forever thankful for their eagerness and determination in locating the dress in their respective sizes with only two weeks until the wedding.

As I suspected, Keith looked great in the purple vest and Bill rocked it without even saying anything about it, and he looked awesome. Keith and Bill both rushed to Men's Wearhouse (more on them later, grrrrr) as soon as the wedding was officially a go to get fitted for their tuxes. I know it's not how they wanted to spend that Saturday, and we thank them.

Trying on the black shirt.
We set our dads up in tuxes as well, but we opted for them to wear a platinum silver vest instead of the purple. We wanted them to stand out from the two boys. My dad had a horrific encounter with Men's Wearhouse in Orlando that resulted in pants that wouldn't stay up, the wrong size vest, threats of cutting said vest down the back to make it fit and my brother ultimately snapping at the employees and demanding discounts. Through all of this, though, he kept a smile on his face and enjoyed the ride.

As for my charming groom, he selected a pinstripe tuxedo with a black shirt and white tie. And he looked a m a z i n g. I couldn't wait to get up that aisle and stand with him! Next up: choosing and dressing our officiate.

No comments:

Post a Comment