Monday, August 2, 2010

Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo!

Man, how I wish a fairy godmother would appear out of nowhere and design a beyond fantastic wedding dress for me. That's not such a big request, is it? Since Adam and I are not getting married for a couple of years, there is no pressing need for me to dress shop just yet. After all, styles change and my style is constantly evolving. The last thing I need is to pick a dress tomorrow and realize three months prior to the wedding that I hate it.

But...I am a girl...and a girl who loves fashion. So, I can't help but leaf through countless wedding magazines and peruse endless slide shows on the Internet, searching for a dress that speaks to me. Unfortunately, seeing dresses on the Internet or in print isn't quite the same thing as trying them on. And while I've yet to find any dress in a magazine or on the web that I immediately knew I would love, I hold out hope that trying dresses on will be a whole different ball game. There are a lot of trends out right now that I could see myself rocking. And a lot of beautiful dresses. What's a girl to do? As a preliminary step, I thought it would be interesting to post a few photos of the hottest dresses for fall of this year (they are deemed the hottest by...other people...dress critiquing experts, if you will.) Weigh in and let me know if you could see me in any of these fabulous dresses. Maybe you like the top of one dress and the bottom of another? Perhaps we can just chop them in half, exchange and sew them back together. With so many styles and trends to filter through, I thought some opinions and suggestions couldn't hurt. Discuss away.

6 comments:

  1. Lets see....

    #1 I think is pretty but it brings back memories of you laying on the limo seat as you tried to sit down in the dress that you wore to Kellis wedding... Not sure if you want to go through that again!

    #2 (To the right of # 1)... I actually love and could definitely see you wearing....wish I could see the back.

    #3 I think it is beautiful but doubt you would ever pick it...too puffy for you.

    #4 I actually think it is very interesting and definitely different which I know you strive for! Would love to see it on!

    #5 Do not like at all...way to casual.

    #6 I think is beautiful ...Is that pockets???

    Mom xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. i love the top and the sash but i really dont like it when the bottom poufs out like that :/

    2. love it. you have a great body and this would look really good on you

    3. really princessy, not something i'd imagined you in

    4. love the top, not a fan of the bottom again

    5. very cute...for prom

    6. loveee it! so beautiful

    lol i love reading your blog and i know we're not super close or anything but i thought id weigh in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could definately see you in dress # 1 until your mom mentioned the whole limo thing. I'm not a fan of #2 at all. #3 I like but with your body shape (being so skinny) I think a form fitting will look great on you. #4 is different like your mom said & I could so see you in something like this. #5 would be nice if you were doing 2 dresses but like your mom said too casual. #6 is nice but I still think something form fitting will look nice on you.

    I do have to give you one tad of advice. Just b/c you like the dress on the rack you might not like it on and vice versa. You might not like it on the rack but on you it could be the most beautiful thing! You will know when you have the right one on.

    Can't wait for the day when you're ready to try on dresses though. Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones you'll pick to go with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1: is nice
    2: ok
    3: too puffy
    4: butt ugly
    5: maybe if you are outside for the day
    6: very beautiful!!!!
    Emailed you more to chew on.
    Love dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could see you in #2. The others, notsomuch - but I might be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Renee. #2! Although, the pink bow thing on the back might nix the whole thing...but I love the front. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete